Acquarossa: historical path number 2
To follow along the hiking trails is the perfect way to discover the rural Romanesque-style masterpieces in the Blenio Valley. The succession of bell towers, churches, oratories, chapels, frescoes, bridges and stately homes are artistic and architectural testimonies meriting particular attention which, together with the natural heritage, have contributed to the attractiveness of the Blenio Valley region.
Historical trail number 2 starts and finishes in Acquarossa. At a distance of 4.5 km (2.8 miles) and a duration of 1 hour, 55 mins, set aside half a day to fully appreciate this itinerary.
- Departure and finish: Old Station, Acquarossa
- Chiurch of S. Ambrogio, Prugiasco
- Old mule track, Nara
- Church of S. Carlo anciently S Ambrogio, Negrentino-Prugiasco
- Footbridge of Negrentino, parking Nara
- Church of S. Giovanni Battista, Leontica
- Historical Militia of Leontica, Leontica
- Oratory of SS. Vincenzo de' Paoli Giacomo and Bartolomeo, Comprovasco
The signalisation is uniform and the colour used is indicative and thematic.
The Organizzazione Turistica Regionale Bellinzonese e Alto Ticino, sede Valle di Blenio, created the historical trails that are part of the network of existing footpaths. The uniform trail signs are colored brown. In addition to signage, illustrated and thematic panels are located along the trails.