Grand Train Tour of Switzerland - Section Lugano-Flüelen-Luzern
InfoGrand Train Tour of Switzerland
Grand Train Tour of Switzerland
A train journey combining 1,280 kilometres of beauty
Discover all sights and landmarks Switzerland has to offer from the comfort of the train. The Grand Train Tour of Switzerland merges the most beautiful panoramic lines into one unique route. There is no prescribed direction or duration. You can hop on and off wherever you please. Whether at Zermatt or St. Moritz, in the Canton of Ticino or the Lavaux, at the Rhine Falls or Lake Lucerne.
Section Lugano – Flüelen – Luzern
The panoramic journey by train and boat.
The Gotthard Panorama Express presents Switzerland from its most diverse side: The first class panoramic train takes guests from the Mediterranean-style Ticino along the world-famous Gotthard panorama route. In Flüelen, travellers change from the panoramic train, with personal travel guidance, to a boat. In a leisurely fashion, the boat then glides over Lake Lucerne through the traditional Swiss heartland surrounded by imposing mountains to Lucerne.
- Scenic ride: Gotthard Panorama Express (by train from Lugano to Flüelen, then by boat to Lucerne; only Apr–Oct) or Treno Gottardo (all year round as of 15 Dec 2020)
- Top sights: Bellinzona Castles, Chapel Bridge
- Mountain excursions: Monte San Salvatore, Monte Brè, Pilatus, Rigi, Stanserhorn, Titlis
- Lugano: Small town charms combined with modern city perks – all sprinkled with Mediterranean flair.
- Lucerne: The gateway to Central Switzerland with its delightful lake and impressive Alpine panorama.
Timetable: Lugano – Flüelen – Luzern (for Gotthard Panorama Express, click „Advanced search“ and select only „IR/PE“ and „Ship“ under transport type)
- TRANSPORTS Railways