The ski area
Immersed in the snow.
The Airolo-Pesciüm ski resort lies at the foot of the Gotthard massif, one of the most important passes in the heart of the Alps. Thanks to the Airolo highway exit, which is only 200 meters from the more than 500 free car parks of the ski lifts, it only takes one hour to reach us from Lugano and 90 minutes from Milan and Zurich. Airolo can also be easily reached by train: a free shuttle bus provides a connection to the departure station.
A large cable car takes 100 skiers to the middle station of Pesciüm in just 5 minutes. From this point, which is also the center of the ski area, you can continue with different lifts and choose the type of slopes that suit your abilities. In Pesciüm you will find the self-service restaurant with more than 500 seats, the restaurant with table service, a terrace particularly popular from February and a picnic room. Two other refreshment points in the area can be reached by ski, while the après-ski bar is located at the start of the cable cars.
The slopes of the ski area extend for more than 30 kilometers at an altitude between 1175 and 2250 m a.s.l., all set in a breathtaking panorama. Airolo is perfect for all winter sports lovers: beginners, intermediates, experienced skiers, and families. There are three types of slopes as well as a snow park. For those who prefer to walk, there are three paths that can be covered with snowshoes. Finally, there is an Avalanche Training Center.
Among the offers of the ski resort of Airolo to note the various sporting events and competitions such as the Freestyle European Cup, days dedicated to wheelchair users, the Grand Prix Migros, skiing and snowshoeing in the moonlight, ski tests, etc.. As far as competition skiing is concerned, the Airolo-Pesciüm resort boasts several champions of alpine and freestyle skiing who made their first skiing in this resort: Doris de Agostini, Michela Figini, Lara Gut, Katrin Müller and Deborah Scanzio.
Airolo-Pesciüm...a magical mountain!
- 30 km of ski slopes
- 2 cableways
- 1 chair lift (4 pax)
- 3 ski lifts
- 2 ponylifts
- 1 treadmill
- Avalanche Training Center
- Easy, medium and high difficulty ski slopes
- Free shuttle bus from the train station in Airolo
- More than 500 free parking spaces
- Swiss Snowsports School Airolo-S. Gottardo
- Combined packages/offers with hotels in the area
- Online purchase of gift vouchers via the E-Guma platform
- Snow’n’Rail packages with SBB/CFF/SBB (Swiss Railaway)
- Skicard online purchase via Ticketcorner (dynamic price)
- Combined package Ski & HCAP
- Several events and ski competitions (kids ski day, stralünèda, snowshoes and raclette,…)
Discover the events of Airolo-Pesciüm!
Until 31st January: 8:45 - 16:00
From 1st February: 8.30 – 16.30
From 30.11.2019 opening on weekends
From 14.12.2019 daily opening until 13.04.2020
Opening hours: 8:15 - 18:15* (1 run every 30 minutes, end of June-beginning of October).
* October 17.15
Three different season ski passes
Starting this winter Valbianca SA offers its customers the opportunity to choose the most suitable season ticket for them:
- Ski Card Leventina: for skiing in all the six stations of Leventina
- Schneepass: the season ticket for Central Switzerland that gives access to more than 500 km of ski slopes
- Snowpass: the European season ticket that allows you to ski in more than 100 locations in 11 European countries
Thanks to the safety work carried out during the summer, Valbianca proposes this season two new slopes, one in Pesciüm and one in Ravina, which will be officially inaugurated on February 1, 2020.
At the opening, the new concept for the denomination of the slopes of the Airolo-Pesciüm ski area will also be unveiled.
The e-Guma platform is an online voucher shop that will allow you to buy gift vouchers quickly and easily and print them directly from home. Thanks to this platform you can be inspired by the proposals and offer your loved ones an unforgettable experience on the snow.
- OPENING 30.11 - 13.04
- VENUES Suitable for families , Alpine skiing and snowboard
- TRANSPORTS Funiculars - Cable cars