Church of S. Nicolao
The San Nicolao curch is one of the most impressive and atmospheric of Ticino's many Romanesque churches. This benedectine church of the XII century (1168) is the most ancient of the roman churches of the Leventina. The building is covered by granite and had been restored in 1945 by P. Mariotta.
Its external walls are decorated with Lombardic designs, while inside is a fresco-decorated choir p...
|ARCHITECTURE||Ancient and religious architecture, Romanesque architecture|